Saturday, October 3, 2009

INTRODUCING...


LONDYN EMMA RICKS. Our little girl arrived on Thursday, October 1st at 11:01 pm. She weighed in at 7#6oz and measured 20" long. We are so relieved to have her here healthy and safe!
Paul and I arrived at the hospital around 12:30 Thursday afternoon. My doctor attempted an external cephalic version, which has a 30-50% success rate, to try and turn our breech baby. Luckily, she turned and tolerated the procedure pretty well. I was then induced with pitocin and labored all afternoon and evening. I was complete around 10:00 pm and started pushing. Londyn was posterior, so after 45 min. of little progress with pushing, my doctor decided to use a vacuum, hoping to help assist this little girl out. With 2 unsuccessful attempts, she didn't budge. I kept pushing for 10 more min. and my doctor was able to rotate her head around to an anterior position. With the next contraction, she was here!
Londyn is such a sweet, content little girl. I feel so blessed to have two healthy girls. I am so lucky to work in labor and delivery and with such amazing people. I was very well taken care of and I feel so blessed that I am able to work with my best friends.




12 comments:

Katrina said...

She is so beautiful!! CONGRATS!!! I love her name too. Breech, vacuum, and posterior, wow, not much fun there. I'm glad that the doctor was able to get her to turn both times and you didn't have to go for the c-section.

jeremy and amanda rowsell said...

YAY! Two beautiful little girls?! How lucky can you get! Glad you and the baby are both doing good. I love the pictures, what a happy dad and big sister. Congrats Lauren!

Calyn said...

Congrats!!! She is adorable! I love her name!

The Calderwood's said...

congratulations you two!! she is a doll!! and I love that carseat cover, makes her look like quite the little princess! Hope you are feeling well and getting a little bit of sleep! :) can't wait to meet her!

Hillary said...

YAY! You two beat a lot of odds against you. I was excited to see what you'd name her...Londyn is adorable. Come show her off while your off of work!

reisnersest03 said...

Oh my gosh Lauren, I can't believe that after the version the little stink was posterior!! At least Dr. Robison was able to turn her. I am so happy for you guys! She is so darling!! I love the pictures!! Enjoy your maternity leave!!

JaNae Fay said...

Oh my gosh Lauren she is BEAUTIFUL!! Congratulations! I'm so glad everything worked out for you...your little family was on my mind all day. :)

Alicia said...

Congratulations! She's darling, and I'm glad she's here safely! Enjoy your newborn!

Jessie Woolstenhulme said...

congrats! she is adorable. i love her name!!! you have two very cute girls! way to go on the hard delivery too!

Diane Burnett said...

I'm sooo glad you posted pictures! She is absolutely adorable! Cute, cute pictures with her big sister and daddy! I'm so glad you didn't have to have a c-section - they are definitely no fun! Take care of yourself!

Katie, Adam, Izzy & Emmy said...

CONGRATS SHE IS BEAUTIFUL AND IT IS SO GOOD TO HEAR THAT EVERYTHING WENT WELL W/ THE DELIVERY..LOVE THE NAME, YOUR HUBBY IS IN FOR SOME FUN LATER IN LIFE:]

Jenny said...

Lauren,
Congratulations! She's such a doll!! And her name is so pretty! We miss you at work, hope you're doing great! Hugs!